Form 6 Bio laboratory

Wednesday 24 June 2009 at 6/24/2009 06:44:00 pm
Well today I stayed back for the preparation of my coming "Young Scientists" competition which I don't actually know the actual standards of it except the skills of handling apparatus and carrying out experiments will be a very important criteria. Strong general knowledge will be an advantage and necessity too. Well my base knowledge and common sense would be quite.. sufficient.. I think. -.-

Oh well. I was supposed to team up with Marcus Tan, but somehow the gay sissy of my class fared even better in the trial as compared to Marcus, ends up I had to team with him INSTEAD of my person of choice! WALAO?! Sad case. But still alright, I can tolerate to a certain extend considering he has the brains. K.

Ok well. The Form 6 Bio laboratory is very well equipped, and I particularly liked the special microscope with two eye pieces! The maximum magnification was up to x1000 omg! LOL. Had quite some fun with it! I used it to almost one hour and my eyes seriously hurt thanks to the concentration of light source from the microscope which tunneled directly at my perfect eyes. Sigh. Now that explains why almost all scientists wear spectacles. Haha. And the microscope is so freaking heavy lei, weighted like 6-7KG, as compared to single-lens microscopes.

Then we went to help David Yong, another Form 4 participant, with his cobweb-culture-threatment-for-wounds experiment. Learnt quite a lot! And gained new experiences of hands-on experimental fundamentals. Bet you never had the chance to play with Ethanol and enjoy the aggressive effect of it when boiled! Haha. Played with fire again. :x

Oh and met Ting Wei and Zhen Sheng there! They were dealing with another science project of their own called "Cooking with Nature". Well actually it's just a more complicated version of our Scout's concentrate-sunlight-to-boil-water technique, except the module had to be large, and most importantly technically workable.

Sorry there're no pictures for this post as I didn't bring my phone to school! Hopefully I'll get some fit pictures the next time I go there.

P/S: Going to watch Twansfarmars @ Gurney this Saturday night with How Can!!!!. Anyone wanna come? :D

0 comments