2009 11GTS Farewell Gathering

Thursday 11 June 2009 at 6/11/2009 01:12:00 pm
Went back to school from McD and reached Scout Den around 4.50am.
To my surprise almost everyone is sleeping at the open-air basketball court. We had to get ready by 6am because the first school is arriving by 6.30am. Spirits are low, everyone's sleepy, and the only thing that cheered us up is wearing forage caps will be unnecessary!

That Ivan still playing Rubik's. Wth.







Form 3 Scouts are assigned as Ringleaders of different schools. Based on my memory;
Qi Xuan was assigned for CGL, You Loong for PCGHS, Cheng Kai for Heng Ee, Ji Bing was not assigned for CDK but he went there qi-ko anyway. I was for Krian. And I must say, that was a great moment. =x

Krian came last, well they're from Perak anyway.
I received a warm welcome from Krian after I introduced myself, cheered with them, help them support, then I climbed up the stacks of chairs with How Kean (he came late and anyhow joined me) and waved their flags for them LOL. Considering our strength and stamina we easily "overflagged" the other schools. =x (I can see her pretty obviously from that high, but she failed to find me without telling her my position)
Had to leave them at 11am, had to prepare for our own sketch performance. Shifted our stuff to the classroom of 3TA2, changed costumes, make up and wait for the lunch break to end.
My hair! T_T












Ok lah the sketch performance was as per normal, and I still dislike performing half naked. -.-
Then we had to change back to our uniforms and go back to the hall continue our ringleader duties but I found Krian to be unnecessary because they're seniors have started taking over. So I went to sit at the St. Georges Guides there with Chun Lin and How Kean with a few others. Richard and some others were in front of PCGHS, and as usual, Ji Bing went qi-ko at CDK there. =.=

Performance goes on;






























And then Jin Sheng gave a farewell speech. I was sitting too far to hear what he was saying but I know it's very touching as he cried. There's a cake-cutting ceremony for all the senior troops (T/L, SP/L, SP/S and CMs).


















Followed by a short presentation of the senior troop, and then the last free dance (which went on for like, 30 minutes) and the closing ceremony. I must say, the best part was the last free dance as it used the usual songs we had for our inter-camps and campfires. Totally drenched, worn out and famished as I haven't had any meal since my last McD breakfast. Oh and I also took the SGGS's souvenir, and received a canned food and coke from them, even when I'm not even their ringleader! HAHA!


















Design composes of a harp, a box and several flashing LEDs. Personal handwriting of respective school name and special message of "Jo Ern, Gathering, Ee Teng".

Gathering ended at 7pm. I packed my stuff and finished my coke in school, then cycled home.
Will upload videos later. Too many images to be uploaded, so I'll just pick a few and that's it. =\


0 comments