Group Hike 2009 [Part 1]

Monday 6 July 2009 at 7/06/2009 08:38:00 pm
Chairman - Eu Jo!
The programme for this year's Group Hike was different from the one I had in Form 1.
Initially meant for Pantai Kerachut, however due to some U&U (unknown and unforeseen) circumstances, the former plan was canceled and changed to Monkey Beach instead. I'll elaborate more as this post progresses with pictures alongside.

Disclaimer :
Some pictures suck because I simply don't have the time to adjust camera settings and apply certain adjustments to improve picture quality. Also, most of the pictures were taken with my waterproof casing which will affect it's quality significantly. My apologies. Candid photos will not be uploaded as to respect the occurrence of "face problem" and "privacy intrusion". =x

Assembling people and the starting of Group Hike 2009. Full U was unnecessary and subsequently all participants changed into 3rd U.

First objective was to journey to the Air Itam hill entrance or something, passing by War Memorial too.

As you can see, I'm always at the very very last of everyone.

A route up 84 we've never taken before, and in fact we even took the wrong route till the point in the 3rd picture. Took a group photo and soon an uproar occurred because we took the wrong junction and ended up here.

Plantations along the route, there're even rambutans too!

Reached point 84... and down.

After assembling everyone, we proceed on to the bus-stop in front of Adventist Hospital, pass by PCGHS. :x

Took bus to Teluk Bahang, separated into 3 groups. Stopped at Puz Mart and had "breakfast".

Almost all other Form 3s went Nasi Kandar, leaving How Kean, Chun Lin and me here.
This year seems like they had set up a new rule. Only blades shorter than 4inches are allowed in, goloks, parangs and saws are all prohibited. I must say that's kind of a relief because it signifies that we don't have to build our own puncho! Haha. While the other people were being checked of their bags, few of us went into the toilet and guess what, we sort of "swift vainned" in there. LOL. Sorry for blur picture, can't turn on flash and my arm is shaking like mad. ):

And thus we set off; we took the right side route to Monkey Beach instead of the usual Pantai Kerachut. Scenes of the first beach, weren't even half way there yet.

By the beach is the USM Marine Coast Research Centre, some of us entered and got a scolding and left there ASAP. -.-

Saw a sexy Sea Cucumber (I think) and continued. Pictures were taken with more exposure to get the best effects of nature. :) - although my camera is still enclosed within the waterproof casing to prevent it from getting spoiled by sweat.

Technically there're 3 points enroute which made some of our lives difficult. Once again I'm still at the very hind! :D
And finally, Monkey Beach! It's already almost dusk. Haha. I'd say it was a pretty normal hike. Chun Lin was exhausted because of the luggage he had on his bag, and my shoulders were aching like hell thanks to the straps of my haversack which had been cutting into my flesh for the whole day. LOL. Not tired !! xD

After assembling everyone, we were given 4 or 5 dome tents and were to be shared amongst ourselves. I quickly changed and set off to work. Check out my sexy dead-lock pancang! LOL. Chun Lin tying too. After 15 minutes we had several station games, didn't take much pictures.
No compass can't continue. LOL.
Dusk scenery.

After station games, of course it's bathing and rest time before BBQ session haha.
Viewer discretion advised! Behold of this almighty picture. :x

See that sohai Kean Hean still wearing scarf. LOL. Took my camera and done some underwater shots. xD

BBQ started at 7pm! Preparation and etc. Didn't bother to take much pictures LOL.


And my god this 1 minute video was taken at HD quality and it's 83MB on disk wtf.

Along with a short video of fire-blowing. LOL. I r de la expertoz! :x
Later that night, a small Malam Kebudayaan was held. Play games, danced, sang a lot and yaooooooooooooooooooooooos!! Not much pictures on this one, too busy enjoying myself.
Took a few shit photos with TOO MUCH exposure and TOO LITTLE iso.

Later at night I did one of my wu liao "project.
My objective was to capture the image of lighting, which I apparently failed to do so.

Before sleeping, there was a small heart-to-heart talk between Form 5 and Form 3, the conversation contents shall not be posted here.

End of first day, and our oh-so-clean-lah water supply. -.-
Dawn break at 6.30am, very late as compared to my past experiences. All we did was morning exercise, nothing much also. The tent leaked water! My long pants were wet all over as I left it on the base of the tent.


Sky was clear after a short rain, sea was quite calm though the tide rose last night.
Played more station games and enjoyed the sea after! Main activity was ganging up on people and dumping them into deeper part of the sea. :D
I'll let the pictures do the talking after this.



Many people got stung by jellyfish. I felt quite miraculous because I swam quite far but I was lucky enough. Xu Liang applied first aid of vinegar on each person's wound to neutralize it.


Goodbye Monkey Beach! Soon it's time to leave and the word "CL - 11GTS" done by Form 1&2.
Pack, assemble, and off we leave. Hiked back to Sungai Tukun, subsequently Teluk Bahang.


Chung Ling High School - 11 Georgetown (South) - HUAT AH!
-End of part 1-

0 comments