23rd March - Annual Cross-Country Run

Friday 23 March 2007 at 3/23/2007 05:36:00 pm
Ok, first, I'd like to congratulate myself for obtaining additional 2 marks in my Science test. It may not seem a lot to most people, but to me, even 1 mark means a lot.

Cross-Country Run
This is one of the most hated event which is organised. I was forced to wake up at 6am today. Although I wasn't reluctant but I still had to. Anyway, I did not have any breakfast so I went to Youth Park early. The traffic jam was horrible there. Imagine thousands of students cramming in the 1 place at the same time. Arrived and registered at around 7am, then waited until 8am before the run started. Honestly, deep down in my heart, I told myself, I'd do my best to obtain the additional 10 marks, but not for glory. While preparing for the run, I was in the same group Chin Chen Hee lol. He was wearing a pair of black long pants with yellow stripes, which made me wonder how was he going to run with long pants? When the whistle was blown, I sprinted with all my might, trying to outrun anyone. But wtf?! On the right side, people are taking shortcuts! From the leading first, I fell to about 40+. The teachers should take action on this situation. Damn! I should have brought along my water trumbler. If you know me well enough, I could not run without sufficient water supply. So I couldn't run anymore and many of my friends who are basically weaker than me ran past me. At last! Someone with lots of water came to my rescue. I borrowed water from him, then continue running. Upon reaching Botanical Garden, I couldn't afford to run anymore because of the slope. I saved my energy as much as possible to chiong down the slope later. Finally, I reached the slope! I started running down like mad, nearly pushing down a few Form 6 students, as they're plainly walking and blocking the whole way. Once I've finished the bend, OMG! There's another shortcut where the teachers missed out! Even during my Primary days, I was a Scout and I was sent on duty to guard the place where the teachers or students failed to notice. From about 8x, I dropped to 2xx (approx). Alas, I still dried up after running out of the Botanical Garden. I couldn't continue. As mentioned above, I had to wait until someone with water to catch up with me and supply me with it before I could continue. Thus, I fell from 2xx to 3xx. However, I managed to catch up with my friends ahead. I ran with them together until the finishing line. We raced past more than 1xx participents I think. My legs weren't aching until the last slope, which is near the ending point. Alas! I saw Youth Park once again. With all the left of my strength, I ran without considering what would happen to me to the registration point. I raced past more than 10 participents, however I rammed into the pole which was tied with the red with white stripes tape when the prefect there told me to change my way. I continued running until I reach the finishing point. There's only 1 sensation - nausea. My head is spinning. From what I had know, the list was expanded to 250 people instead of 200, and the person in front of me was the 250th, which means when I walked to the table, the teacher said "closed". OMG WTF?! CLOSED?! I can't think of anything, my mind was empty, my arms and legs were numb of shock. Just 1 more position I'll get the 10 marks. I don't understand why was so stupid that I did not ran faster. All was left in my was regret. Forget it, it's too late to change anything. I've lost 10 marks.


Au revoir.

0 comments